Saturday, 23 November 2013

Practicing my make-up final design...

 
Practicing my final make-up idea...
 
I was really inspired by the make-up seen on the model in one of my final hair design images when it came to producing this look. I loved the fact they had included a bright colour at the top of the cheek blended into the side of the head. I also thought it would look really interesting to include a quite outrageous contemporary element to my Elizabethan look. We told that we could include sub-cultures in our designs and I definitely think this look incorporates a syfy/Alien references within it.  The combination of dark smokey eyes and the pink shading can be associated with this genre. The shaping of the hair wrapping around the head with the heart shaped quiffs could also be associated to a 'bug like' creature which I really like because it  is still considered a traditional hairstyle for that particular era however the make-up really changes how its perceived.
 
At first I included a white eyebrow to match the white mascara seen on the eyes however I decided this looked like a block on the face rather than an Elizabethan reference so I just included contemporary dark brown eyebrows, a more natural look. 
 
 







 
 

No comments:

Post a Comment